A Busy Monday in My Life

This year, Monday is my busiest day of the week. I try to look at it in a positive way by saying I get the hardest day of the week out of the way right away.

Monday, November 4th was a good mix of being productive and unproductive.

So here’s a look at a busy day in my life:

6:15 a.m.

I’m the type of person who sets 20 alarms to go off every five minutes, so this is when my first alarm goes off on Monday mornings. Do I actually get up at this time? It depends on when I went to bed.

6:45 a.m.

I finally get out of bed. The first thing I do is make my bed. This is a very important habit for me; otherwise, I will spend the rest of the day thinking about how I didn’t make my bed.

7:15 a.m.

After getting ready for day, I walk to the Main Library on campus to catch the Red Route bus to the West Campus Transportation Center (WCTC), which is right next to Kinnick Stadium. Sometimes I miss the bus if I hit snooze too many times and then I have to walk 30 minutes. Those days are rough.

7:45 a.m.

I arrive to Hansen Football Performance Center for the first Iowa football practice of the week. Unfortunately, it’s cold and windy now, so my fingers and toes were a little frozen after filming practice.

10:30 a.m.

Now we’ve reached the point in the day where I start to get really, really overwhelmed. I quickly grab a box of food after practice and rush to the WCTC to catch a bus back to the east side for my first class of the day.

11:00 a.m.

My first class is Graphic Design in the Adler Journalism Building. I try to quietly eat my food while the professor explains what we’ll be doing in class. We’re getting ready to start our second big project, which is to create two book covers.

12:15 p.m.

I leave class in a rush to make sure I can catch a Red Route or Hawkeye Interdorm bus to go back to the west side for my next class, which is at Carver-Hawkeye Arena.

12:30 p.m.

My second class is Hawkeye Athletics Social Media. We’re working with the Iowa Athletics Marketing Department to make recommendations for all of the sport social media accounts.

3:00 p.m.

My class ends and I wait outside of Carver to catch a Pentacrest bus to go back to the east side for my next class.

3:30 p.m.

My third class is Media Ethics & Diversity in the English-Philosophy Building. Fun fact: I’ve had class on the 4th floor in this building multiple times and I just found the elevator last week. We have a test this week, so I should probably look over my notes.

5:00 p.m.

My last class of the day is Social Media Marketing back in the Adler Journalism Building. We’ve been working with real, local clients to make improvements to their social marketing strategy.

6:15 p.m.

I go up to the 3rd floor of Adler to grab a couple slices of pizza from the Student Center. Usually I would stick around for a few hours and work on schoolwork (I have a test and three projects due this week), but the men’s basketball team’s has its exhibition game tonight and I can’t say no to that.

7:00 p.m.

Tipoff against Lindsey Wilson College at Carver-Hawkeye Arena. How in the world is college basketball back already??

9:30 p.m.

Instead of doing homework like a good student, I choose to play Jeopardy with my roommates for an hour and a half. Oops.

11:30 p.m.

I start to get ready for bed. I prepare for the next day by picking out my clothes (always a sweatshirt and sweatpants now that it’s cold), packing my backpack, and making a to-do list for the next day.

It’ll probably be a few hours before I actually go to sleep, though.


Thank you for reading! Be sure to keep an eye out for my next post. If you want to see more of my daily life as a Hawkeye, feel free to follow me on social media. Go Hawks!

Instagram · Twitter

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.