As someone who loves trying new places, I was excited to hear that Iowa City has plenty of options! As a college student trying to make fresh meals, sometimes going out to a restaurant here and there is exciting!
- Which Wich is a great choice if you are looking for a sandwich on the go! Similar to Jimmy Johns, Which Wich gives you more of a homey sandwich feel. This is definitely a go-to if you have a busy day and need a lunch to go!
- Formosa Sushi is another one of my favorites. I love sushi and seafood, so this is definitely up my alley. While it is more expensive than other restaurants, if you go on a Tuesday or Thursday they have a wide variety of rolls for only $4! You can’t beat a better deal than that.
- Pancheros is a great local restaurant if you are a lover of Chipotle! Similar to the well-known Chipotle franchise, Pancheros has a very similar vibe. I am a personal fan of Pancheros because they have more options to choose from, such as Tofu!
- Bluebird Diner is another Iowa City classic! If you are looking for a taste of home, this is your place! My favorites would have to be the pancakes or the eggs benedicts! Both are classic options that taste like home.
- Lastly, Sumo Sushi is another great place to visit in Iowa City! Filled with many sushi options, soups, and appetizers, this place really has it all. It is usually less crowded than other places which allows for quick service- something that everybody wants!
There are many places that Iowa City has! It is truly a city that caters to many. Whether you’re looking for a classic breakfast, lunch on the go, or a seafood dinner, this town accommodates to all!