When I heard that classes were being moved online post-Thanksgiving until the start of the second semester, I’m not going to lie… I was bummed. The first semester was absolutely amazing and I was sad to see the “on-campus” part come to an end a little too soon, packing up most of my belongings as what seemed to be wayyyy too early to come home for break. I’m learning quickly that sometimes a change of pace and scenery is what has boosted my spirits and put some pep back into my step under the gloomy circumstances that were brought upon the world in 2020.
Being home has changed my mindset on school a lot!! When I wake up I feel like the day ahead of me is truly mine and I can shape it and fill it from start to end however I want. Of course, schoolwork has to come first, but I have been trying to add some very needed self-care into my daily routine. Take it or leave it, do what you will with the rest of this blog post, but I wanted to share some ways I am using my very open schedule to give myself a little extra love :)
….Tips on Self Care….
- Journal when you wake up/ go to bed
- Write a list of three things you are thankful for every night before you go to bed
- Drink 8-10 whole cups of water a day
- Schedule time away from your phone
- Get outside and go for a walk
- Create a fitness log (if you are into working out)
- Bake something new
- Clean your room/ rearrange it
- Buy some cheap Christmas lights and hang them on your ceiling!! (Pictured)
- Rearrange, deep clean, and decorate your room for Christmas
- Call a friend from college