The holiday season has arrived, and now that I’m away at college, everything I would want for Christmas revolves around my life here, so I figured I’d let everyone in on what I wish I had for my first year of college (that I do not already own).
- A Humidifier – I have never been in a drier environment than a college dorm room, and there is absolutely nothing I want more than a humidifier for when I am inevitably sick again in my dorm.
- A Polaroid Camera – Capturing memories has never seemed more important than being in my first year of college. Having physical memories of everything and everyone I spend time with makes looking back that much sweeter.
- More Iowa Apparel – I’m confident that I will never have enough. Go Hawks.
- A Surface Tablet for Note Taking – I currently take all my notes on paper, and carrying around notebooks everywhere, personally, has started to bother me. I also own a Surface Laptop for school. And since we use the Microsoft Office Suite for all coursework, a surface tablet would be the perfect addition to my Microsoft collection. It’s very similar to note-taking on an iPad, without the hassle of converting Microsoft-compatible worksheets to IOS-compatible ones.
- An Apple Watch – Now, I know I just said this is a Microsoft campus, but I still do enjoy Apple technology for phones and lifestyle devices. But ever since I got to college, I have placed emphasis on staying in shape both on purpose and on accident. I have never walked more than when I am here, and I also use the Rec Center when I have the time. Having an Apple Watch to track my fitness and activity levels would add the icing to the cake.