Hey Hawkeyes, I don’t know about you, but Thanksgiving break was much needed for me. The week before break started, I had 4 papers due and two midterms. Academic burnout was hitting me in the face like never before. Once break started, I took a few days to rejuvenate my energy, then I thought it would be great to stay productive. Follow along with some of the things I did:
Friday: Fun day
- Finished up classes
- Met up with a friend from home who was visiting and touring the University of Iowa
- Went to the movies (for the first time in a long time)!
Saturday: Fun day
- Went out for breakfast at Goosetown Cafe
- It was my first time here and I highly recommend trying this place, I’ll definitely be going back! The cafe itself is gorgeous and has great service.
- Went to the game (and saw the last Hawkeye home game win for the season)!
Sunday: Relaxation and fun day
- Drove home (yay!)
- Spent lots of time with family and played lots of uno
Monday: Productivity and relaxation day
- Lots of errands ran today
- Watched lots of Netflix
- Made dinner and baked some cookies!
Tuesday: Relaxation day
- I ran a few errands
- Caught up with some more family and friends
Wednesday: Productivity day
- Studied and got ahead in some reading for class
Thursday: Relaxation and fun day
- Spent lots of time with family and friends
- Ate lots of good food :)
The rest of break: Productive days
- Drove back to Iowa
- Worked lots!
- Read for class to get ahead
After this break, I feel ready to jump back into classes for another few weeks. However, I can’t wait for another break. It was so nice getting to stay at home for awhile! I am also very thankful I stayed productive. Putting in some hours at work and getting ahead in classwork was very helpful as I am preparing for classes this week. I hope you all also had some fun this week and stayed productive! :)