Finals are a stressful time in college, but you have to keep your head on straight by helping yourself take a mental break. At the Iowa Memorial Union (IMU) there are some ways to do just that. Check out my favorite events below, or check out the full list by clicking here!
Sunday: 5-8pm Play in the Park
- All of the good food trucks from the Iowa City area are in one place! Come check out the good eats for dinner and enjoy some time outside after studying so hard
Monday: 7-11am Flipping into finals
- This is a MUST-HAVE experience. The pancake man comes to Iowa City and you must catch your breakfast pancakes on a plate before you eat. What a wake-up call!
Tuesday: 5pm-7pm Painting and Pastries
- This is always an event to look forward to as well. It is a calm environment with snacks, networking with people who care for students, and you get to paint! How relaxing!
Wednesday: 3:30-8:30pm Therapy Dogs
- What better mid-finals week pick-me-up is there than seeing a dog? This event is always a hit, and you must RSVP, see the link above.
Thursday: 1-4pm Massages
- Start wrapping up the week with a. relaxing massage with friends. You will probably not get the opportunity to have a full spa day on campus, so this is close enough! RSVP at the link above.
Friday: No events at the IMU
- Spend time packing to go home for the summer and relax. You deserve it Hawkeye!
It is also notable many other offices have so many fun, relaxing, and supportive events on campus during finals week. Email and Instagram are normally where the Honors Program, the Center for Inclusive Academic Excellence (CIAE), and the Multicultural and International Student Support and Engagement (MISSE) centers post their finals week activities or means of support. Be sure to keep an eye out for emails or give them a follow!