It’s that time of the semester again…
Finals are approaching and here are some tips that have helped me be the most productive and do the best:
- Create a list: Write down everything you can possibly think of that you would like to get done before your exams as well as what needs to get done. These are two separate things. One is self-study and the other is homework, assignments, or deadlines you need to meet. By doing this you ensure you are getting practice in for subjects before exams as well as not forgetting about tasks that your courses require you to do. It also helps with not feeling super overwhelmed.
- Find a routine: Create the day ahead and schedule which tasks you would like to get done, moreover prioritize in order of importance. I recommend doing this the night before each day, that way when you wake up the next day you are prepared to know what to expect and can get straight to work.
- Don’t change your routine: The routine you already have such as going to the gym, or meeting friends for lunch, do not skip or cut this out of your day just because finals are around the corner. These habits that you have formed place deadlines throughout your day which will actually end up making you more productive because you know to work within a certain amount of time.
- Make use of your professors: If this is your first college final exam, it’s okay to feel stressed and confused. It is time to schedule meetings with your professors or TAs and ask them what is the best thing you could do to prepare you for the upcoming exams as they have taught the class multiple times and are aware of the precise exam layout. This will ease your stress and make you more prepared to tackle your finals.
- Support: There is a lot of support available around campus for your final preparation. Whether this is your RA, professors, friends, or residential communities. Turn to the people around you and ask for help if you need it, or simply have a chat because a lot of people will be willing to help. Further, the university provides great opportunities during finals to help destress and make it more enjoyable. Click the link to follow the finals at IMU to see all the fun things lined up for finals week.